Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hello!

Today I'm going to talk about insomnia.

Is Fibromyalgia to Blame for Your Sleep Problems?

Well, it is a common symptom for the chronically ill to have sleep problems. Now, I know a lot of people are unclear of what insomnia is. I know I was before I was diagnosed with it. As defined by the Library of Medicine:
 Insomnia is trouble falling asleep or staying asleep through the night. Episodes may come and go (episodic), last up to 3 weeks (short-term), or be long-lasting (chronic).

When you add fibromyalgia into the mix, it can make things worse. 


So when it comes down to it, you are more than likely going to need help with sleep in order to keep yourself functioning. I personally prefer herbal remedies for this issue, such as valerian root and chamomile tea but you may want to talk to your doctor about it for what is best for you. Fibromyalgia is different for everyone, after all.

Here are some other articles:

Hope this helps!

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments or send them to me and I will add them on here!

Regards,
Shannon G.

No comments:

Post a Comment